Because Italy is more than a geographic expression..

Alessi S.P.A. US

Monday, October 26, 2009

Espresso: We Stand On Guard For Thee!

Italo-phile extraodinaire (Dyno-mite! as JJ would say) Domenic sent this over to me. In my post about pizza, I lamented there was no espresso police. I stand corrected: Istituto Nazionale Espresso Italiano (INEI).

Mandate:

The Italian Espresso National Institute safeguards and promotes the original Espresso through a product certification: the Certified Italian Espresso.

Funny. Italy and food are causing an intellectual crisis of sorts for me. I'm pretty much against the growth of government infringing on individual liberties. My outlook pretty much in line with the Founding Fathers in the United States. Those guys knew what they were talking about!

But when it comes to food and the constant distortion of Italian food, I say bring on the enforcers dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment