Because Italy is more than a geographic expression..

Alessi S.P.A. US

Friday, July 23, 2010

Old Meet New World

Well the old world may be dead
Our parents can't understand
But I still love my parents
And I still love the old world
Oh, I had a New York girlfriend
And she couldn't understand how I could
Still love my parents and still love the old world

Old World, Jonathan Richman

As I roamed around Amenduni Nicola S.p.A., a company specializing in olive oil processing, I thought about the lyrics above. Yeah, I know. I'm weird.

Still, it's interesting to see an activity dating back centuries like the production of olive oil meet the new world like it does.

It's a little painful reading the English translation of Italian websites but I think we get the gist of what they do. At some point, I imagine, Italian companies and their webistes will have to invest in proper translations.

No comments:

Post a Comment