Because Italy is more than a geographic expression..

Alessi S.P.A. US

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Osella Squadra Corse

Established in the 1960s, Osella was active in Grand Prix racing (as it was called once upon a time - I happened to be a fan. I was subscribed to Grand Prix magazine and my father used to take my brother me every year during the 80s) in the 1980s and 1990s. It actually was pretty successful with a solid lineup of drivers that included Eddie Cheever, Elio de Angelis (I still remember his tragic death), and for you real race fans Teo Fabi. Now there's a name from the past.

Fellow Canadian Allen Berg was also part of the Osella universe.

Not sure where the company ended up. Sounds like every other manufacturer: In the arms of Fiat.

Pic from Nuvolari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment