Because Italy is more than a geographic expression..

Alessi S.P.A. US

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boxing: Nino Benvenuti



I came across this image while reading up on some boxing. I remember reading in Sports Illustrated (way back in the 1980s) about the tradition of great Italian and Italian-American boxers. Benvenuti is widely regarded as the greatest Italian boxer ever. His accomplishments include a Gold medal at the 1960 Olympics in Rome, World Light Middle-Weight champion (1965-1966), World Middle-Weight Champion (1967, 1968-1970).

1 comment:

  1. I was named after this fighter as a nickname by my uncle, after his fight on june 27th, in wich he won the world-middle weight Champion
    **you see my uncle and he were friends, and He was to be in his corner the night I was born …which (ME) being the reason my uncle never made it, he took my mom to the Hospital and stayed…my father was out of town for work.

    ReplyDelete